Sunday 23 June 2013

Hello first blog post.....

I love lurking on other people's blogs.....so much so that I decided to start my own!

I have been learning to sew for the past year, I do a millinery class at leeds college of art and try to sew a little bit every day with my sewing machine, not always well, not always stress relieving, but quite compelling.

A whistle stop tour of the process so far would be cushions, mainly because I thought I could only sew in a straight line. The cat quite likes them.....

Then I progressed to the Peony from collette, which was a mistake for someone who could only sew straight lines and didn't know what a full bust adjustment was never mind how to execute one....the 2 trial efforts were each worn once (i have to wear even horrible things once, if only to reming myself not to do it again) and then went to the big oxfam in the sky. Hence no pictures, and you wouldn't have wanted to see....
 I do love the pattern though and will revisit now I have a pattern master ruler and a concept of how to fit the paper pattern to the busters....

Then came burda 9/12 shift dress....confidence restored! Love it and wear the cord one often, the silk one not so much because it is fancy......I like fancy .... I once knew a mule called Fancy, maybe a story for another day.




I must stand straighter for pictures, no?
Another post with the next stage projects on...stay awake....

No comments:

Post a Comment